Sunday 23 May 2010

The Beginning of This

Salaam all...

I've been around the blogosphere for a while now, but more of a spectator than an active participant (which I guess is the majority?)...and I guess I never thought I had anything important to say, or that anyone would want to hear about the little I did have to say, so I never imagined having a blog.

But more and more, over the last couple of months, as my life changes, I have these thoughts, and rather than writing them down in a diary, I guess the best idea was to share them with strangers accross the globe. And I'm not saying that these thoughts are super philosophical or anything, but sometimes it's nice to share, ya know? Like one of my friends says, "Sharing is caring". I would like to point out that I disagree with this on so many levels, but mainly because I don't really share. Not out of an active choice (I try and be as generous as I possibly can), but I guess I have this inherent nature which is more based upon "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours." Hmmm...I know, it's not ideal, but part of solving the problem is identifying the problem, so it's all baby steps if you think about it :).

Anywho, the main point of this blog is to document the ins and outs of hunting for the ever-elusive 'Mr Right'. The guy who I once imagined would sweep me off my feet and into a world of make believe...the guy who now I just wanna walk through the door rather than do any sweeping...the guy who inshA will make everything in my future so much more real.

In many ways, this blog is long overdue, because this process has been active for at least a couple of months now...but no worries, I'll bring you all up to speed as I see fit. I guess all I can say for now is that:
a) it hasn't been easy
b) it has been extremely awkward at points when I'd rather it wasn't
c) it has been extremely awkward at points when I wasn't expecting it
d) it's been fun

(And by 'it', I refer to the process of finding a hubby...or a hubby finding me....)

Ciao for now x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best on your journey inshallah!